The objective of this work is to determine the optimized thermodynamic design of a supercritical (sCO2) recompression cycle.
sCO2 is a promising working medium for various next-generation applications, both in the field of renewable and conventional power generation (project sCO2-flex, SOLARSCO2OL, ShunShot, Misha) and in residual heat removal (project sCO2-4-NPP).
Within the scope of this work, the thermodynamic design of a recompression sCO2 cycle is investigated and optimized under various boundary conditions and constraints. Starting from a recuperated cycle layout, which was optimized in previous work, the additional components of the more complex recompression cycle are added to the calculation routine in Matlab. Then, the optimized thermodynamic design is determined for different boundary conditions and constraints.
• Literature study on recompression sCO2 cycles
• Familiarization with the existing Matlab code
• Extension of the code to incorporate the new components
• Optimization considering different boundary conditions and constraints
• Thesis preparation and presentation
• Fundamentals of thermodynamics
• Experience in programming preferably in Matlab
• Analytical thinking and self-initiative
Start: as soon as possible
Dipl.-Ing. Markus Hofer
Pfaffenwaldring 31, 70569 Stuttgart
+49 (0) 711 685-60855