The objective of this work is to develop a model of the test facility SCARLETT (Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Loop at IKE Stuttgart) in Modelica.
sCO2 is a promising working medium for various next-generation applications, both in the field of renewable and conventional power generation (project sCO2-flex, SOLARSCO2OL, ShunShot, Misha) and in residual heat removal (project sCO2-4-NPP). Various experimental loops, e.g. SCARLETT, SOFIA, support the sCO2 research.
Within the scope of this work, a model of SCARLET shall be developed step by step. First, models for each of the main components are created and tested independently. Second, these models are connected subsequently to form an open loop including the most important controllers. If comparison with experimental data yields satisfactory results, the model of the loop is closed, investigated and improved further.
• Collection of the required data
• Development and test of component models
• Open loop configuration and control
• Validation with experimental data
• Possibly closed loop configuration
• Thesis preparation and presentation
• Fundamentals of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
• Experience in modelling and simulation
• Analytical thinking and self-initiative
Start: as soon as possible
Dipl.-Ing. Markus Hofer
Pfaffenwaldring 31, 70569 Stuttgart
+49 (0) 711 685-60855
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Doktorand